Veena Kumaravel, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
My style of practicing medicine is to gain an understanding of my patient’s needs while I work to make a diagnosis. This allows me to appropriately tailor therapy for them.
I am married with two toddlers and enjoy exploring the many family-centered parks in the Dallas metroplex along with my extended family.
Veena Kumaravel, MD
ABOUT DR. VEENA KUMARAVEL
Dr. Kumaravel graduated from the Aurora Healthcare Gastroenterology Fellowship program in Milwaukee, WI. She recently joined Digestive Health Associates of Texas and practices primarily at the Methodist Richardson Medical Center. Dr. Kumaravel has endoscopy privileges at the Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center where she performs outpatient procedures. She treats a wide range of general gastroenterology and liver related disorders and has a specific interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and pregnancy related GI disorders.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine. Board Certified Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Aurora Healthcare– Milwaukee, WI
- Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland ,OH
- Internship: Creighton University Medical center, Omaha, NE
- Medical school: P.S.G Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Tamil Nadu, India
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
Tamil and Hindi
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
VIDEOS AND ARTICLES
- Kumaravel V, Hayden SP, Hall GS, Burke CA. New fecal occult blood tests may improve adherence and mortality rates. Cleve Clin J Med. 2011 Aug;78(8):515-20.
- Kumaravel V, Heald B, Lopez R, Hasson H, Schneider K, Burke CA. Patients do not recall important details about polyps, required for colorectal cancer prevention. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 May;11(5):543-7.