Thomas Lyles, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
I became a physician because I wanted to provide medical care to people and also, to serve my community with quality healthcare. During appointments with my patients, I value face-to-face interactions and never use a computer while in the exam room.
Thomas Lyles, MD
ABOUT DR. THOMAS LYLES
Dr. Lyles is a board-certified gastroenterologist at HEB Hospital in Bedford, TX. After graduating medical school, he completed both an internal medicine residency and GI fellowship at the University of Texas-Southwestern/Parkland in Dallas. During his fellowship, he had a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and trained in an IBD-specific clinic. Dr. Lyles has been practicing as a general gastroenterologist with Digestive Health Associates of Texas since July 2013.
He has worked as both a GI hospitalist and in a traditional office-based practice, which gives him a unique perspective in evaluating GI conditions. Dr. Lyles has been trained in upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, polyp removal, and treating gastrointestinal bleeding, in both the upper and lower GI tract. He has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Dr. Lyles sees most of his patients through physician referrals from primary care physicians (PCP’s), internists, general surgeons, and OB/GYN’s. He is happy to see any patient suffering from a GI condition.
Dr. Lyles’ personal interests include reading, running, attending church, and spending time with his family.
To learn more about Dr. Lyles, visit his website, https://thomaslylesmd.com/
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate – Auburn University (Auburn, AL)
- Medical School – University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL)
- Residency – Internal Medicine at UT-Southwestern (Dallas)
- Fellowship – Gastroenterology at UT-Southwestern (Dallas)
- General gastroenterology – HEB Hospital in Bedford, TX
- Internal Medicine Performance Improvement Committee – HEB Hospital
- Quality Improvement Committee – HEB Hospital
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Fort Worth, Texas Magazine Top Doctor 2018
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
- Central Park Endoscopy Center
VIDEOS AND ARTICLES
- Prediction of esophageal varices and variceal hemorrhage in patients with acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Rockey DC, Elliott A, Lyles T. J Investig Med. 2016 Mar;64(3):745-51.
- A risk scoring system to predict in-hospital mortality in patients with cirrhosis presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Lyles T, Elliott A, Rockey DC. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;48(8):712-20.