Venessa M. Beckman, DO
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
I often joke that I “walked out of the womb” knowing I wanted to be a physician. This was due to the powerful influence that my grandmother had on me. She worked as a nurse’s aide in a south Texas nursing home bathing and turning patients, making sure that they were clean and comfortable. She would take me to work with her, and I would sit nearby while she gave special attention to each of her patients. While her job was not glamorous, I realized that the care she gave to her patients was a very important part in their quality of life.
At a young age, I also realized that my road to obtaining a college education would be a long and difficult one. As a first-generation college student, I liked the challenge, and with the support of my mother, I navigated the educational system successfully. I chose to attend an osteopathic medical school because of its tenets of treating an individual as a whole while considering the spiritual, social, and emotional needs that pertain to their health and well-being. These fundamental beliefs aligned with my personal approach to patient care.
Venessa M. Beckman, DO
ABOUT DR. VENESSA M. BECKMAN
Dr, Beckman completed her Bachelor of Science degree at Baylor University in Waco, TX. She received her degree in medicine from the University of North Texas Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Worth, TX. For her residency training, she attended the University of Texas-Houston in Houston, TX. She most recently completed a fellowship training in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Residency: University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- B.S.: Biology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- D.O.: University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Centennial
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Physicians Association of North Texas
- English, Spanish
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
Dr. Beckman is very caring and considerate, taking the time to discuss my questions and concerns before the examination. She made me feel very comfortable during the procedure as well. Great doctor!