Venessa M. Beckman, DO
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
I often joke that I “walked out of the womb” knowing I wanted to be a physician. It was a strong desire that I felt from a very young age, due to my grandmother’s influence, who would take me along to work with her at a nursing home in south Texas. She worked there as a nurse’s aide and would let me sit nearby as she helped turn and bathe patients. There was obviously no glamour in what my grandmother did, but I saw that her special attention in making sure her patients were clean and comfortable was an important factor in the quality of their day. I also realized at a young age that my path to the medical profession would be long and difficult as a first-generation college student, but I liked the challenge. I navigated the educational system on my own, with only the supportive words of my mother. When applying to medical school, I chose to attend an osteopathic school because its tenets of treating an individual as whole, taking care to consider their spiritual, social, or emotional needs as they pertain to their general health and well-being, aligned with my personal belief system regarding the approach to patient care.
Venessa M. Beckman, DO
ABOUT DR. VENESSA M. BECKMAN
I completed my Bachelors of Science degree at Baylor University in Waco, TX. My medical degree was received from UNTHSC-TCOM, Ft. Worth, TX. I obtained my residency training at the University of Texas-Houston in Houston, TX and I most recently completed my fellowship training in Gastroenterology & Hepatology at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX. I am Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
Residency: University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- B.S.: Biology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- D.O.: University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- Centennial
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Physicians Association of North Texas
- English, Spanish
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
Dr. Beckman is very caring and considerate, taking the time to discuss my questions and concerns before the examination. She made me feel very comfortable during the procedure as well. Great doctor!