Veena Kumaravel, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
“My style of practice is to try and understand the patient and their needs as I work to diagnose their medical ailments so I can appropriately tailor therapy”
I am married with two toddlers and enjoy exploring the many family centered parks in the Dallas metroplex with my extended family.
Veena Kumaravel, MD
ABOUT DR. VEENA KUMARAVEL
Dr. Kumaravel is a graduate of Aurora Healthcare Gastroenterology Fellowship program in Milwaukee, WI. She has recently joined the Digestive Health Associates of Texas group and practices primarily at the Methodist Richardson Medical Center with endoscopy privileges at the Preston Crossing Endoscopy center for outpatient procedures. She sees a wide variety of general gastroenterology and liver related disorders with a particular interest in inflammatory bowel disease and pregnancy related GI disorders.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified: Internal Medicine. Board Certified Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Aurora Healthcare– Milwaukee, WI
- Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland ,OH
- Internship: Creighton University Medical center, Omaha, NE
- Medical school: P.S.G Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Tamil Nadu, India
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
Tamil and Hindi
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
VIDEOS AND ARTICLES
- Kumaravel V, Hayden SP, Hall GS, Burke CA. New fecal occult blood tests may improve adherence and mortality rates. Cleve Clin J Med. 2011 Aug;78(8):515-20.
- Kumaravel V, Heald B, Lopez R, Hasson H, Schneider K, Burke CA. Patients do not recall important details about polyps, required for colorectal cancer prevention. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 May;11(5):543-7.