Stuart Akerman, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
I chose to become a doctor after witnessing the compassionate care my grandfather received when he became terminally ill. Consequently, I approach every patient encounter with the goal to impart the very same compassion and quality care.
Stuart Akerman, M.D.
ABOUT DR. STUART AKERMAN
I am fellowship trained in multiple advanced endoscopy procedures such as ERCP,Endoscopic Ultrasound, Fine Needle Aspiration, Cholangioscopy, and others. After providing care in Bayshore, NY for a few years, my family and I decided to relocate to North Texas. In conclusion, it is a particular point of enthusiasm for me to be working with other advanced endoscopists in our medical group, in order to increase our availability for these complex procedures and better serve our patients in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified : Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Northshore-LIJ Hofstra School of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- M.D.: Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE)
- Medical City Plano
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center