Sripathi Kethu, M.D.
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
There are very few professions that give you immense satisfaction of taking care of someone who is sick or in pain and seeing them return to good health. I love being able to help people and teach them how to maintain good gut health.
Sripathi Kethu, MD
ABOUT DR. SRIPATHI KETHU
Dr. Kethu connects with his patients by listening to them. He believes that you can get a lot more information by letting them talk rather than asking a lot of questions. Having more than 20 years experience as a doctor both in academic environment and in private practice. Dr. Kethu wants his patients and referring physicians to know that he provides a comprehensive gastroenterology care by putting patients safety and well-being as the top priorities.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery. (M.B.B.S.) Kurnool Medical College, AP University of Health Sciences. Andhra Pradesh, India. Graduated with honors.
- Internship at Edgewater Medical Center, Chicago. Affiliated to University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Resident in Internal Medicine.
University of Illinois College of Medicine at U-C, Illinois.
- Chief Resident in Internal Medicine. University of Illinois College of Medicine at U-C, Illinois.
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology
Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital Program, Providence, RI.
- Advanced training in Endoscopic Ultrasonography under the guidance of Dr Marc Giovannini. Paoli-Calmettes Institute. Marseille Cedex 9 France.
- President, Medical Staff. Methodist Richardson Medical Center, Richardson, TX 75082.
- Writer and Editor at www.fightdiabetes.com and www.sleephow.com
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- D Magazine’s Best Doctor in Gastroenterology- 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Fellow, American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow, American College of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (FASGE)
- Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award for teaching GI Pathophysiology to medical students, Brown Medical School. 2004.
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE)
- Texas Indo-American Physicians Society (TIPS)
- Collin County Medical Society
- Methodist Richardson Medical Center
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
- Medical City, McKinney
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center, Mckinney
- Texas Health Resources, Allen