Sindhu Abraham, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
I was born in India and grew up in New Jersey and Maryland. As a young girl, I always knew I wanted to become a physician. I attended college and medical school at Boston University through the Six-Year Accelerated Medical Education Program. After graduation, I moved to Philadelphia for residency, where I met and married my husband. We moved to Dallas for my fellowship training at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Gastroenterology. We have been in Texas ever since and have two sons. We enjoy traveling, physical fitness, and reading.
Sindhu Abraham, MD
ABOUT DR. SINDHU ABRAHAM
I try to spend quality time with all of my patients and look at them as a “whole person.” I truly believe in educating my patients about their health and their bodies. It is a privilege to care for people and thank you for entrusting your healthcare to me.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified : Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Fellowship : Gastroenterology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- Residency : Internal Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia
- M.D. : Boston University School of Medicine, Boston
- B.A. : Magna Cum Laude, Boston University, Boston
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- D Magazine Dallas, Best Doctors in Dallas 2014, Best Doctors in Collin County 2012, 2016
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Medical City Plano
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
Visiting a GI doctor when you're feeling terribly ill without any idea of the cause can be a daunting experience. Dr. Abraham put me at ease from the moment I walked in her office. She was prepared beforehand and already had knowledge of my situation! She diagnosed me immediately and ran the appropriate tests to confirm. Very caring, easy to talk to and highly skilled! Love her!
Love Dr. Abraham! She has taken care of me for over a decade, and probably saved my life! She is so caring and responds quickly to any issues that pop up. She is the best!