John Lee, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
I am a physician specializing in gastrointestinal disorders, and I have worked within DHAT since 1999. Gastrointestinal medicine has interested me because it allows one to restore a patient’s digestive health through problem solving and treatment using endoscopic tools (endoscopes allow direct view of the esophagus, stomach, small bowel, and colon through fiberoptics projected on high definition monitors). In conclusion, the patient experience in my medical practice is that of mutual respect and an expediency to treat their pressing symptoms, while undergoing judicious medical testing to arrive at the correct diagnosis and a long term treatment plan.
John Lee, MD
ABOUT DR. JOHN LEE
I have special interests in acid reflux (GERD), colorectal cancer screening, non-surgical treatment of internal hemorrhoids (hemorrhoidal band ligation), biliary disorders (gallbladder and bile ducts), celiac disease and gluten sensitivity, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis), chronic hepatitis C, chronic diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified : Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Biophysics, cum laude
- University of Chicago School of Medicine, M.D.
- Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Internal Medicine Residency
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, General Gastroenterology and Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Fellowships
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
- I am fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, and I have served the hispanic, latin and Brazilian communities in the Dallas Metroplex since 1999.
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopists
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Texas Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe
- Old Town Endoscopy Center, LLC
- Staff physician at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Staff physician at Baylor-Scott and White at Lake Pointe
- Chair, Quality committee at Baylor-Scott and White at Lake Pointe
- Past Chief of Staff at Baylor-Scott and White at Lake Pointe