Arshad Malik, MD
Board Certified, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
Dr. Arshad Malik, MD, FACP is a Board Certified gastroenterologist in Plano, Texas. He is one of few GI specialists who has done 2 separate fellowships, one in gastroenterology and another one in Hepatology (liver diseases). He brings a unique touch to gastroenterology practice with his vast knowledge, innate ability to connect with patients and expert but judicious use of GI tests and procedures. His demonstrated ability to improve the long term health of his patients has earned him the respect and admiration of patients and colleagues.
Arshad Malik, MD
ABOUT DR. ARSHAD MALIK
Dr. Malik completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at University of Texas, Houston, TX. He then completed two separate subspecialty training fellowship programs, a rigorous 3 year fellowship in Gastroenterology and a 1 year fellowship in Hepatology, both at the prestigious University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. After completing his training, he spent some time as an Assistant Professor at the University of Arkansas Medical Center in Little Rock, where he received the Red Sash Award for providing excellent education from the medical students.
In addition, he is a specialist in GI conditions such as colon cancer screening, reflux, swallowing problems, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gallstones, hepatitis. He is an expert at procedures such as colonoscopy and removal of polyps; upper endoscopy, esophageal dilation, hemorrhoid banding, Barrett’s ablation and capsule endoscopy of the small bowel.
In conclusion, he has been published in several prestigious journals, including the Annals of Internal Medicine, Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Digestive Disease and Sciences, and American Journal of Gastroenterology. He has published book chapters in the Encyclopedia of Gastroenterologyand in Sleisinger & Fordtran’s Textbook on Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. He is a member of the American Gastroenterology Association (AGA), American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), American College of Physicians (ACP) and Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE).
Furthermore, when not advancing the welfare of his patients, Dr Malik spends time with his wife, 2 sons and their cat Marbles. He enjoys reading, listening to music, swimming, cycling and is a soccer enthusiast. http://www.arshadmalikmd.com/
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- The Aga Khan University Medical College KARACHI, PAKISTAN
- Gastroenterology Fellowship, University of Texas Southwestern
- Medical Center (entire 3rd year dedicated to advanced endoscopy with training in diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP’s) DALLAS, TX
- Hepatology Fellowship, University of Texas Southwestern 1998-1999 Medical Center DALLAS, TX
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency, University of Texas 1995-1998 HOUSTON, TX
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Red Sash Teaching Award, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), given to faculty member nominated by UAMS senior class as excellent teachers
- Best Gastroenterologist in Central Arkansas, 2008 and 2010
ACCEPTED HEALTH PLANS
- Dallas County Medical Society (DCMS)
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE)
- American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Medical City Plano
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center
Dr. Malik is a very gentle and caring doctor. I felt very relaxed. I didn't think I would be able to be that relaxed but he made it very easy.